This is one of the many WordPress tutorial and resource sites offering help to others looking to increase their knowledge of WordPress.
It's Like the Oscars® for WordPress®
Submit your favorite WordPress Theme, Plugin, Site or Personality, heck add yourself!. From all the submissions, Nominees will be chosen based on number of popular votes, and after a final round of voting the Winners will be awarded the "best of" honors for the year based on your votes and by our panel of judges. Did we mention our sponsors are helping us with the most massive giveaway of WordPress goods; ever?
1. Final Round of Voting (Begins late Nov)The final curated list of Nominations for each category will be chosen from all the submissions and a final round of voting will take place starting later this month. This separates the busta's from the tru playas. We're kidding about the bustas, everyone is a winner right?
2. Call for Submissions (Closed)All new submissions to be entered into the running for the chance to win Honors for 2010 are no longer being accepted. You may still Register, and participate in the final round of voting as the deciding vote is cast for each category.
3. Winners Announced (Early Jan.)Winners from the pool of nominees will be chosen based on number of votes and input from our panel of judges. Winners will get the Glory and the honors of being the "Best of" for 2010.
IMMA LET YOU FINISHVOTE TOTALS WILL NOT BE SHOWN for a very simple reason. Popularity contests are kinda stupid. Think of it like a secret ballot, this way everyone has a fair shake. Vote totals will be be revealed for the Winners come ceremony time.
Vote & Win Stuff
From time to time prizes will be given away by our wonderful corporate sponsors to random members of this site. All you need to do is Register, submit your faves, and VOTE. A tweet or 2 would not hurt your chances.
Pick the Winners?
You choose the winners for the most part, and a little help from our panel of judges. Popular Vote tallies will determine who makes it from the submission phase to the nomination phase. The final "best of" winners will be chosen based on a blend of the total number of your votes and judges ballot.
Who are the judges?
It's a surprise. The Honors judges come from all areas of the web industry. Some judges even work with WordPress on a daily basis but not all of them. Just to keep it squarzeey, no judge may cast a vote on a nomination in a category they or their business has an entry in.
There will be an open invitation blue tuxedo awards gala in the new year to bestow the "best of" honors on all the winners. Location and Date TBD.
5 Random Submissions (All Categories)
En Efecto Esponja quiero compartir con todos mi opinión sobre noticias económicas o políticas, compartir información interesante, poner mi granito de arena en la formación bursátil, financiera y personal de los lectores, recomendar libros y productos de interés… en fin, quiero filtrar lo que veo, lo que aprendo y lo que se para mostrarlo al que se pase por aquí a curiosear.
A collection of anything and everything fun interesting and random on the internet. Based on WordPress 3.0 and BuddyPress
Pods is a CMS framework for creating and managing your own content types.
Create your own content types
A pod, or content type, is a named group of input fields. The Pods plugin lets you create your own content types. Instead of with custom post types, each content type gets its own table.
Create a variety of different input fields, including text, paragraph text, date, number, file upload, and relationship (called “pick”) fields. Pick fields are extremely useful if you want to create relationships among your data. One example is if you want to relate an “event” item with one or more “speaker” items.
Easily display your content
There are several ways to get Pods data to show up throughout your site:
- Add Pod Pages from within the admin area.
- Add PHP code directly into your WP template files, or wherever else PHP is supported.
- Use shortcode to display lists of Pod items or details of a Pod item within WP Pages or Posts.
- The Pods API allows you to retrieve raw data from and save data to the database.
Pods includes a Package Manager, which allows you to import/export your database structure. You can select which features you want to “package up” and export it for easy migration. Pods also includes an easy to use PHP API to manage all types of Pod-related data for complex operations.
Popular Comment Spam prevention plugin and service by Automattic